When it comes to a romantic getaway all you really need is somewhere special and the one you love. Of course, being in an extra special place certainly helps make the magic happen though! We asked our team what their favourite romantic destinations were. Here’s what they had to say.
The two most romantic places in Greece in my opinion is Santorini and Mykonos. There is something magical about sitting down for supper and waiting for the most famous sunset around. In Mykonos there are so many places to explore. It is so easy to find a quite and quaint place to enjoy a romantic meal.
Kapama Game Reserve South Africa
- ALL the animals – what is more romantic than seeing Lions, Leopards and Giraffes by moonlight?
- A full spa with rooms facing a dry river bed where animals roam
- Beautiful “rustic” lodge rooms
- A full wine cellar
- Wonderful, locally prepared food and entertainment by firelight each night
- As places to propose go, this takes the cake (I should know 😊)
El dorado Casitas in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico
If you’re looking for the perfect place to feel pampered and relaxed this is it! I love staying at this gourmet inclusive resort where everything we could wish for is already thought of. The tropical gardens are the perfect place to read a book or enjoy a cocktail.
The top of the Reichstag Building Dome in Berlin at Sunset.
- Capacity controlled, so never very crowded
- A beautiful 360 degree glass dome overlooking Berlin
- At sunset all the landmarks like the Brandenburg Gate are highlighted by the setting sun
It’s easy to understand why Italy is one of the most romantic places in the world. Visiting this destination with my better half is something I’ll cherish forever. It was our honeymoon spot and we fell in love with the beautiful hillsides of Tuscany, the gorgeous seaside towns and the Italian way of life to slow down and take it all in. Toast your partner with some limoncello or vino and indulge in the beauty and romance of this eternal destination. My heart is with the wonderful Italian people who are struggling through difficult times. I know one day we will return.
The Sydney Zoo at Sunset.
- There is a lookout where you can watch the sun set over Sydney Harbour
- Beautiful views of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House
- Take a romantic boat right from the Zoo back across the Harbour to your hotel after
We’ve all heard of the “Magic of Disney”. I’m sure many people think it’s not real but I’m here to argue that it is real and it what romance is made of! My partner and I have visited both Disneyland and Walt Disney World together as childless millennials (how dare we) and both trips had an element of romance that surprised me. There’s something about the atmosphere that encourages hand holding. Maybe at first it’s so that you don’t lose each other but eventually it is because the magic that they pump into the air makes you appreciate each other more. Sharing the experience of rides, meeting favourite characters, marvelling at how things were created, fireworks shows and delicious dining is like the ultimate date every day. Plus having access to photo pass photographers means you can get so many cute photos of the whole ordeal! For me, a Disney trip is all about the romance and I just cannot wait for us to get back there to let the magic take over again.
We hope you enjoyed our list of romantic places. As you can see, romance can be found anywhere around the world – it’s about finding those special moments with the person you love wherever you are.
Where have you found romance around the world?