So our tour of Spain has come to an end and we have had an incredible trip. Spain is quite inexpensive compared to other European countries. Where else can you get a beer for 1.60EUR and Sangria for 3.20EUR. Our suppers were running around 20-25EUR depending on the menu and tipping one or two euros was met with smiles and gracias.
Here are a few tips for your trip to Spain:
- In the larger cities, always take the Metro. It is inexpensive and a quick and way to cover a lot of ground. If you are not sure how to use the Metro just stop by the office and I can give you a quick lesson.
- Always buy your tours in advance. The lineup for tickets to the Royal Palace was 1 hour long in 37 degree heat so having your tickets and skipping that line is a no brainer.
- Arrive in your destination the day before your first tour so you can get the lay of the land and find your tour office or pickup location before the tour.
- Learn a few words in Spanish as they really appreciate the effort and English is not common in the smaller towns.
- Use the local transportation. In Spain the bus is very efficient and very affordable. We took a bus ride from Lugo to Sarria which is 30 minutes for 2.10EUR. Trains and busses will get you where you want to go and take you to the heart of the city.
- In the smaller communities credit card is not always accepted so you will need cash. ATMs can be found in the smallest of cities.
- Stop and spend time at the many outdoor cafes. They are happy to have you even if you are only having drinks
- last but not least; our two best purchases were a small shampoo bar from the Lush store which was easy to carry and no worries it will spill and a charger for the phones for Spain. We stopped in at the Ale-Hop which is like a Knick knack store and bought on for 5.00EUR so we could charge 2 phones at one time. No converter needed.
If Spain is not on your bucket list it should be. The history along with so many different regions make this destination a must to visit. City to sea it is all there waiting for you in Spain.