Amazing how quickly a vacation ends. Sadly the time to leave is upon us but we will have some very fond memories of this piece of paradise. The following are some hints and recommendations..
- Rise early and claim that special beach or pool chair. While you can always find something, if you want an umbrella or palapa you will need to do this
- Try the pizza for lunch at Giuseppe’s… really very good
- Eleanor’s has the best breakfasts and the mimosas are good too
- Stay up for the entertainment… most nights it was very good. We particularly enjoyed some of the solo singers that would pop up around the main area at night
- They have ice-cream at the Cafe de Paris
- In the evening, claim one of the comfortable day beds around one of the many fire places and snuggle with your loved one under the stars
- Hit the main pool if you want pool games, swim up bar and the like. Or if you want to play water volleyball and like a swim up bar, hit the pool by the French section. If you just want a quiet pool, the Dutch pool is the place to be.
- At every restaurant, you can eat outside if you want
- I saw a few people tipping their bar tender but never felt that they were looking for tips
- Read the daily activity sheets delivered to your room, you will be surprised at everything that is going on
- There are tours available but Whitehouse is very isolated so don’t expect to do much outside of the resort
- The drive to Whitehouse is 1.5 hours on a windy, bumpy road… with no stops. Be prepared.
- The bartenders are not shy with the alcohol… pace yourself
- Don’t forget your sunscreen and apply it liberally and evenly… we chuckled at the many variations of sunburns we saw and how some people just slapped it on missing various parts of their exposed areas.
The checkout process is painless and well organized. The airport, on the other hand was a zoo, so have lots of patience. Once you clear security (a very long line up particularly since we departed on Saturday, their busiest day), there are several shops and a pretty good food court. For those looking for a more relaxed solution, Club MoBay is a Priority Pass lounge, so if you are a member, you can take advantage of all their amenities. For others, you can buy a onetime pass for $30USD each, but depending on your wait time, it would be a good option.
Sandals Whitehouse is a resort that many people go back to, time and again with good reason. We would highly recommend it!