Tour to India – Jo’s India part V

Hi all,

I can’t believe that I haven’t written for so long…needless to say, the whirlwind tour has had me very busy.  After Jaipur/Diwali, we drove to Jodhpur.   We arrived to a lovely Gateway Hotel in Jodhpur and fell  asleep early.  The next day, we toured the fort in Jodhpur which was really nice.  Unfortunately, the King of Bhutan was also visiting the fort so the place had been closed in places till he went through causing a bottleneck of tourists.  I guess there were many wars between gujrat and Jodhpur kings and there is a lot of “booty” and other gifts from war wins in the fort.  The place was full of gujratis on their diwali vacations.

Jodhpur is a “blue” town unlike Jaipur which is pink.  The residents of Jodhpur paint their houses blue to keep the insects away.  So when you look at the town from the top of the fort, it looks blue.

One of the couples travelling with us (Rod and Linda) got a text message just as we were leaving that they were the proud grandparents of a girl so there was  a lot of celebrating that evening.

After Jodhpur, another bus ride to Udaipur.  The hotels where we are staying are very nice and beautiful but by the time we reach them at eight or nine, we have a quick supper and then bed and we leave the next day, so not much use of the nice facility.

Udaipur palace was also full of gujratis…we went on a boat ride after looking at the palace and had lunch on the island hotel,  It was quiet and lovely.  We didn’t check out much as in Udaipur as we had to drive to Ahmedabad…another long ride.  The people were pretty tired by then.  We reached Ahmedabad really late, bed and left at 6 a.m, the next morning for our flight to Mumbai.  Sorry, didn’t make any call to anyone.

In Mumbai, we stayed at the best hotel to date.  We rested till the afternoon and then a city tour with a fabulous tour guide.  It was very hot(38) and humid.  That evening we had a farewell dinner at khyber restaurant.  The next morning we took the boat to elephanta caves.  The caves are fabulous and the tour guide made each panel come alive.  In the afternoon, we did some shopping and had an early dinner so the group could leave for the airport.  Larry and I said our
goodbyes at the hotel as they do not let you in the airport without a ticket.

This morning it was lovely without 12 other people around us.  We had a quiet breakfast and then went to the newest movie in town–Ra One in 3 D.  Larry liked all the action scenes.

Now we are at the Marriott and await Savita’s arrival on the 5th. The tour was very successful and everyone had a great time.

How are things in Canada?  Is everyone doing fine?

Jo and Larry

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.